Thursday, May 24, 2007

Cruisin' the Conejo 2007

Last year I did the 35 mile Conejo ride. It took me 2:30 hours. The highest climb was 763 feet. This year I did the century and it took me 7:30 hours, averaging 13 MPH, and 6,000 vertical feet of climbing. I saw three dead rabbits along the way.The 100 miles took me through Thousand Oaks, Agoura Hills, Westlake Village, Santa Monica Mountains, Sherwood, Oxnard, Camarillo, Santa Rosa, Moorpark, and Simi Valley.


This was the most climbing I've done in a ride so far-6,000 total vertical feet.
The climb into the Santa Monica mountains started out nice and easy but quickly got steeper and steeper.
Did you know? Peacocks make good sentries because their distinctive cries can act as a warning of approaching people. This one seems to be marching on guard duty.
Did you also know that female peafowls are called peahens?

This was a nice surprise -Lake Malibu, calm and serene
The Rock Store on Mulholland-a set up for Pee Wee Herman
Another hill to climb, another summit to reach.
Felt a little light headed and out of breath taking this picture. Nothing but downhill from here...and more climbing, and 60 more miles, and 4 flats, but I did it!

No comments: