Got in a 54 min, 12 mile ride along the Santa Ana River Trail today during my break at work.
Some Arthritis Facts
- Women are almost twice as likely as men to suffer from arthritis. The disease becomes more prevalent after age 45. Yet it is not a disease exclusively of the elderly, for more than 300,000 children are also affected.
- Arthritis is a costly disease: It's the leading cause of absenteeism; more than 45 million work days are lost each year.
- The estimated yearly cost in lost wages and medical bills is $65 billion -- second only to the bill for heart disease.
- Arthritis patients average eight visits to their doctor each year -- twice as many as those suffering from other chronic illnesses like high blood pressure.
- Approximately six million people are "self-diagnosed" and improperly "self-treated."